And I have something to report. I have finished piecing a top. A long time ago I started making little bitty blocks from all the cutoffs I had leftover from making flying geese and other blocks where you cut off the leftover after sewing on a triangle. I trimmed them up into 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 inch blocks.
One day a little voice in my head told me that I had enough I should do something with them. So I made the little bitty blocks. I kept making them and making them and then I added some pinwheels. Then I made some more for a border around the bigger blocks. A week or so ago in quilt camp I had 64 bigger blocks made and then when I got home I laid them out and sewed them into rows. This takes quite some time because, as you can tell, there are a few points to try to match. People were telling me I was insane. So the working title of this quilt top became “The Voices Told Me To”.
It is 72 x 72 and contains 3,016 half square triangles. So that’s 6,032 triangles in it. That’s 18,096 points. One of the points is perfect. Good luck finding it.
BUT! except for the borders of cream batik, it is all cut off of yardage that was counted, so only the border counts toward de-stashing. Now I need to make a backing for it. It is almost tempting to buy a wide backing. But, I’ll think about it 🙂