I published at the end of July that I was going “no buy” until I reached 100 yards used or until a year had passed….whichever was first. So I have made some backings and started assembling some blocks that I had set back for Hospice and added borders.
Net usage for August: 21.50 Yards!*
*I did get a small gift of about 1/3 yard.
*And some projects are not finished yet, but the fabric is “committed”
But I definitely made some progress. Here is one of the backings I made using blacks/charcoal grays:
Which I think compliments the scrappy top. The top is not counted in my fabric usage. I think I counted it last year, so…..not now. Only counting what I’m SURE isn’t counted.
The good thing about this is that I also am finishing some of these tops. The quilt above and the one from my previous post are done and bound. Another quilt that I made last summer (picture on next post, I promise), I also made a backing for, quilted, and am working on the binding.
The bad part is, once I’ve completed these quilts, and my hospice quilts, that usage is going to slow down quite a bit….but we’ll see how creative I can get then!