Over Memorial Day weekend, I head to the beach in South Carolina to hang out with some of my old quilting buddies. One of the things I took along was my row-by-row that I did with 7 members of my North Carolina Guild. I took the box along and made the borders, but did not attach them until I got home. I kind of got sick of making flying geese and kept rolling around how exactly to do the inner borders. And the corner pieces!!! Aack. I tossed around idea after idea. I viewed pictures on the web. I see very little in the way of ideas for corner pieces for a flying geese border–let alone an undulating flying geese border.
In the end, I used a diamond, two more flying geese, and a square to continue the undulating border to a point and then around the corner. I liked the end result. I worked on a lot of little projects this month, including the dust cover, a charity quilt and back, some scrappy blocks, and a couple of gifts of fabric. All in all a good month. If I can just keep this up through year end.
De-Stashed this Month: 12.75
De-Stashed year to Date: 64.75
Stashed this Month: 8.50
Stashed Year to Date: 41.75
Net De-Stashed for 2013: 23.00<<Goal for 2013: Greater than 25 yards De-stashed>>>
For more stash reports, visit Patchwork Times.