I am still working along on the Orca Bay mystery. I have completed step 5. You can see my purple triangles on the left in my storage box. I have all the steps there stacked neatly and waiting for the next step.
I had to cut strips for mine, so I used a similar organization technique to what I used for the long green strips, so that I varied what was sewn together. I have incorporarted a lot of different purples (instead of blacks). My yellows replace the blues and my greens replace the reds. I still see a lot of purple and am having trouble seeing how the predominant color will be the green. But that’s ok. I’m using up my scraps, so that’s good.
For more progress report, visit Quiltville.