Stash Report 2011 – Week 38

I returned town midweek and did not even go to my sewing room until late in the week.  To be honest, everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks has me down.  First my daughter’s illness, the trip with weather, late/cancelled flights, sitting next to people who were insane (like the guy who claimed evil politicians were to blame for us sitting on the runway in a thunderstorm–I didn’t get it then, and I don’t get it now), or people who snore, or jam their seat back in my face right before takeoff.  Whatever.  I am almost totally convinced that the hospitals and doctors do not care about patients and the travelling public doesn’t care how rude they are.

They have started prepping the lot across the street for construction and I am waiting to find out what model house they are going to build there.  As I mentioned, there are two builders in this neighborhood and the one across the street is being build by the “other” builder.  Some of their houses are so ugly (my opinion). They essentially build a box (it’s cheaper to build a square box) then stick stuff on the front to try to make it look interesting.  And sometimes on the top.  A couple of them have dormer windows that appear to be there simply for show.

As I said, I did get a little sewing done.  Actually I finished all the blocks for my son’s girlfriend’s quilt.  Most of the fabric was cut before I left, but I did have to cut some squares for the remaining blocks, which amounted to about a half of yard.

Busted this Week:                .50
Busted year to Date:       145.0
Stashed this Week:             0
Stashed Year to Date:     114.00

Net Busted  for 2011:  31.00

Want to see more stash reports?   Visit Patchwork Times.


3 thoughts on “Stash Report 2011 – Week 38

  1. Hi Nancy. Boy can I identify with your flight. In May I flew from Asheville to Hartford, CT for my daughter’s 60th birthday party. My first flight was cancelled. The next one couldn’t go because of storms in Charlotte so they sent a bunch of us to Charlotte in a van. My second flight was delayed three hours because of storms in Ft. Lauderdale. So we took off at 1 a.m. I was originally to get to Hartford at noon on Thursday. I got there at 4:30 a.m. on Friday. My granddaughter and her husband had to get up and meet me at the airport. The party was great…and return home was o.k., but I’m not going anywhere on an airplane anytime soon. Hope your daughter is on the mend.

    Nancy Rogers

  2. Air travel really has become a drag, at least in the US. My Guy travels a lot internationally and it appears to have a lot fewer hassels if you are flying a non-US carrier.

    I hope your daughter is doing better.

    Something out and nothing in is always a good week.

  3. I’m so sorry to hear about your traveling woes. I’m terrified to fly to begin with, so adding in all the other stuff makes me nutty!

    I hope your daughter is feeling better!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s